Giant Dog Breeds
Some Knowhow about Giant Dog Breeds
Giant Dog Breeds are identified on the basis their height and weight. Generally dogs ranging from 65 to 100 pounds are considered as Giant Dog Breeds. Dogs ranging below this are called small dogs. There are few differences between these two categories of dogs. Giant Dog Breeds grow faster than smaller dogs. Giant dogs also consume larger quantities of food than smaller dogs. They also need larger accommodation area than smaller dogs. But, in case of life span smaller dogs leads. Giant Dog Breeds have a life span of 6 to 10 years.
Few advantages of
- They become better pets for apartments.
- For security purpose Giant Dog Breeds are very much useful. They are very courageous.
- They require fewer exercises to perform their duties.
- Some types of Giant Dog Breeds have very special performances in security organisations like police, military. For example, Blood Hounds are used by police.
- Few of these can protect a family in need very well.
- Australian Shepherd is one of special species that have special ability of guarding.
- They required extra space to accommodate.
- They consume extra food.
- Handling Giant Dog Breeds is also difficult than smaller dogs.
- Medical expenses for these are also greater than smaller dogs.
There are many types of Giant Dogs Breeds available all around the world. In this article few of them are being mentioned. These dogs have special qualities. Zorbas are known as heaviest dogs. Great George, a family of Great Dane is known to be biggest dog of the category. Akitar is the national dog of Japan.
So it can be easily seen that there are advantages as well as disadvantages for having a giant dog. Though, smaller dog are also equally capable of performing if they are trained well, giant have an upper hand. But many of the families prefer to keep smaller dogs for their less expense and easier handling.
Related Post: Types of German Shepherds